Friday, November 08, 2019

WORSHIP VOLUME ONE: I STAND FOR YOU


In 2000 Tree63 released a self-titled album, their first in the States. It won a Dove Award for 'Rock Album of the Year'. Fast forward to 2005 and they put out WORSHIP VOLUME ONE: I STAND FOR YOU (Inpop). Group members were: John Ellis (vocals, guitars, piano, keyboards), Daniel Ornellas (bass, backing vocals), and Bobby Blazier (drums, percussion).

Starting things of is 'No Other', an energetic pop/rock song that testifies: "Beloved of God, bright, shining Morning Star/How beautiful You have become to me/A treasure so deep/I've given my all to keep/Now that I've found You, I won't let You go". A live version of the popular 'Treasure' follows. Also pop/rock, it is addressed to God: "My heart is where my treasure lies/My great reward is in Your eyes/My every breath belongs to You/You are my treasure".

'I Will Never Be the Same' is a beautiful ballad: "For my eyes have seen Your glory/For my ears have heard Your Name/I have placed my hand in Your hand/I will never be the same". A live version of 'Joy' is next. It includes these requests of God: "Let me be a shining light for You/Let me be a joy to You always".

A new version of 'I Stand For You' comes next. It's a pleasant ballad about spiritual endurance: "Jesus, I've stood my ground/When unbelief was all around/I have felt the sting rejection brings/But Jesus, I still stand for You". 'All Over the World' was written by Matt Redman and Martin Smith. It's an upbeat song that exalts God: "We are the people of God/We'll sing Your song here on the earth/All over the world Your song will resound/All over the world Your praises ring out/We're living to see Your Name and renown/All over the world".

'Lift' is a pop song that includes these words of truth: "Holy, pure and true You are/How we need You Lord/To cleanse us with Your love". Matt Redman is a writer and guest vocalist on 'Nothing But the Blood'. This worship ballad includes these reverent words: "Your cross testifies in grace/Tells the Father's heart to make a way for us/Now boldly we approach/Not earthly confidence/It's only by Your blood".

Next up is a live version of 'King'. It's a bouncy pop/rocker addressed to Christ: "We will give You glory, bring You honour/King above all kings/You deserve our everything/We will lift our voices with Your praises/Jesus, You are our King". 'Have Your Way' is a quiet song of spiritual surrender: "Take me, have Your way/Though I don't feel You/I will believe/Take me Lord I pray/Just have Your way with me".

'Great Kindness' includes words that are very relatable: "How can I repay You?/What can I ever give back to You?/I always will remember/Your great kindness". A live version of 'Look What You've Done' follows. I like these lyrics: "Up to the cross I crawled/Now I'm standing ten feet tall/Jesus, my Saviour, look what You've done for me!" Last up is a live version of 'Amazing Grace', not the Chris Tomlin one with additional lyrics added to the hymn.

WORSHIP VOLUME ONE: I STAND FOR YOU is everything a great pop/rock modern praise and worship album should be. It's full of passion, charisma, and devotion. John Ellis' lead vocals are awesome. This is an album recognizing just how high a price God paid for our salvation. We are His adopted and deeply loved kids. This is an album of gratitude for God's mercy and grace towards us. We don't have to wait till we get to heaven to praise Him with all we've got! Fans of Delirious? and Newsboys will enjoy this album. For more info visit www.tree63.com and connect with the band on Facebook. I'm rating this CD 100%.