Wednesday, July 03, 2019

ALL THINGS POSSIBLE


Mark Mitchell Schultz was born in Kansas on September 16, 1970. In 2000 he put out his self-titled debut album. Fast forward to 2012 and he released his 7th studio album, ALL THINGS POSSIBLE (Fair Trade Services). Seth Mosley and Pete Kipley are the producers used.

First up is the title track, 'All Things Possible', written by Mark, Seth Mosley, and Tony Wood. It's a nice pop song of faith: "I know mountains can move/I've seen what You can do/In my weakness/So my heart will believe/If I wait I will see/My God doing what only He can do". Julia Ross is a backing vocalist. 'It is Well' puts full confidence in God: "When I'm on my knees and the storm won't cease/In Your shelter I am still/When my strength is gone/Oh, Your cross stands strong/And Your mercy never fails/It is well".

Mark co-wrote 'One Day' with Seth Mosley, Doug McKelvey, and Mia Fieldes. It anticipates a glorious tomorrow: "The lame will walk/The blind will see/The prisoners will be set free/And hope will rise as shadows disappear/And all that's lost/We'll find again/Death will die and tears will end/And we will come alive and truly live". 'I Gave Up' is a bouncy pop song with this catchy chorus: "I don't need a house on top of the world/I like the car I'm driving/Everything I got ain't what I'm worth/That's not the reason I'm living/I don't need to see my name in lights/Or leave any grand impression/I've got everything I need in life/If love's all we're taking to heaven".

Next we have 'Love Walked In', a beautiful ballad about the healing of relationships: "All alone in a cold white room/They've only given him a week or two/ And it's no surprise nobody calls/All he's got are regrets and tears/He hasn't spoken to his kids in years/But he just heard his daughter in the hall/Love walked in through the door/And face to face with brokenness/Said it's still worth fighting for". 'More to You than This' touches on premarital sex: "So maybe you thought/If you gave yourself away/He would stay/Maybe you felt it was worth the price you'd pay/And you tell yourself it doesn't really matter/But your heart will start to break".

Mark, Seth Mosley, and Phillip LaRue wrote 'Be Still'. It finds God speaking words of encouragement to us: "Even now there's a hand that's reaching out/Through the dark to a heart that's filled with doubt/I am here when the storm is raging/Let your soul be still/And know I'm God (2X)". 'What Do You Give A King' is a praise and worship ballad: "When He says that all your guilt and shame are washed away/And He has freed you from a debt that you could not repay/What do you give a King (2X)?"

Cindy Morgan, Mark, Tony Wood, and Don Poythress penned 'Haven't Met You Yet'. It's the song of a father to be: "I can just see it now/You're in your mama's arms and she's so proud/And when you smile it takes my breath away/Watching you laugh, you crawl/I don't remember life before you at all/And the funny thing is/I haven't even met you yet!" Last up is 'I Will Love You Still'. It's a quiet, tender ballad from God to us: "If ever you should fall/If ever you should break/If ever you should turn from me and slowly walk away/I will love you still". Gordon Mote plays piano and strings are used brilliantly.  

ALL THINGS POSSIBLE is a wonderful Christian adult pop album that also contains one praise and worship number. Mark's vocals are lovely. There are six slow songs and four fast. These songs make clear God's love and care for us and our worth to Him. We can be content by putting our full trust in God. Heaven awaits us! Mark also sings of restored relationships and parenthood. Fans of Michael W. Smith and Matthew West should give this one a listen. I'm rating it a perfect 100%. For more info visit www.markschultzmusic.com or find him on social media.