Sunday, September 01, 2019

FOUND A PLACE


FFH (Far From Home) put out six independent projects before releasing their major label debut, I WANT TO BE LIKE YOU, in 1998. It included the hit 'One of These Days'. In 2000 they were back with FOUND A PLACE (Essential). Group members were: Jeromy Deibler, Jennifer Deibler, Brian Smith, and Michael Boggs. In the liner notes the group shares: "It's amazing how the Lord can take four very average, undeserving people and use them to further His Kingdom. Thank You, Jesus, for letting us be involved in Your work".

Starting things off is 'When I Praise', a fast paced pop song with good harmonies. It's about glorifying God: "And I throw my hands up in the air/Here's my heart 'cause I don't care what they say about me/I gotta praise/I throw my hands up in the air/And I know that You will find me there/Find me when I praise". The title track, 'Found A Place', follows. It's about finding satisfaction in God: "I've found a place where I can hide/I've found a place that gives me strength/I've found a place where I am servant and You're the King/I've found a place that I call home/I've found a place that I know well/I've found a place where I am less and You're everything". 'Why Do I' is a pop ballad with very relatable lyrics: "I find myself awake again/Thinkin' bout eternity/How I am just a grain of sand and that You've got a plan for me/That You would choose to love me just amazes me".

'Lord Move, or Move Me' is an adult contemporary cry for Divine assistance: "Lord, I know the only way is through this/But Lord, I know I need You to help me do this/Lord, move in the way that I've never seen before/Cause there's a mountain in the way and a lock on the door/I'm drifting away/Waves are crashing on the shore/So Lord move, move, or move me". 'Daniel' is an upbeat pop song that looks to the Old Testament for inspiration: "I want to be like Daniel in the lion's den/Waiting for God's love to save him/I wanna be, I wanna be/I want to be like Moses when he raised his hands/And all the winds and seas obeyed him/I wanna be, I wanna be".

'Your Love is Life to Me' is a pretty, inspirational song: "Your love is a river flowing to the sea and the river runs forever and washes over me/Your love is life to me/My truest longing, my deepest need, yeah/Without it one moment I don't know where I'd be/Your love is life to me". 'Because of Who You Are' is a catchy pop number of praise: "I know You Lord 'cause You reached out Your hand/To rescue me and show me how to stand/In truth and love, more than I could ever ask for/I love You, Lord, because of who You are.../You are the start, You are the end, You are the Savior and my Friend".

Next up is 'Be My Glory', a ballad that includes these heartfelt lyrics: "How I long to be conformed in You Jesus/In my weakness be my strength/Hear my prayer as I kneel before You now/Break me till You're all they see". 'I'm Not Afraid to Love You' is all about trusting: "Well, it hurts as You're remolding my dreams/And as You're reshaping all my attitudes/It's hard to bear but every change means that little by little I am more like You/So I embrace Your vision 'cause when I see what You've done/I can't deny Your wisdom or how far I've come/So, I am not afraid to love You anymore".

'It's Been A Long Time' is about coming back to God: "I've been running, I've been hiding from You/Now I know there's only one thing I can do/So I throw my hands up in the air and I will pray/That You carry me away/All I have to do is call/You come running to my side/Then I look at You and You say/'It's gonna be alright'". Closing things out is 'Every Now and Then', a tender song that includes these great words: "Every now and then/You whisper peace to me/With Your tender words/Unexpectedly".

FOUND A PLACE is a mix of pop, adult contemporary, and inspirational sounds. Fans of Avalon and 4Him should give this album a listen. There's a good mix of slow and fast cuts. God's extravagant love for us is laid out here, as is His faithfulness. He is to be praised for His creation and salvation among other things. God always has a listening ear, so we should not hesitate to ask Him for help. He is trustworthy and wants to be in right relationship with us. There are some nice pics of the foursome accompanying this CD. I'm rating this one 90%. For more info connect with the group on social media.